Terms And Policies
Learn more about our regulations regarding the laws and all the boring stuff
Terms & Conditions
Updated 10 Jan 2022
1.1. Information providers and event organizers declare that they have the copyright to full content of the submitted information (including texts, pictures, photographs,...), or have permission and right to use them.
1.2. The operator is not liable for the accuracy and validity of the information published on the site.
1.3. The operator is not liable for direct or indirect damage to users when using the site.
1.4. It is forbidden to publish, copy, distribute and use the site content for commercial purposes without prior written permission.
2. Registration and user profiles
2.1. The user can create their own profile. To create it, they need to enter true personal information. The user can edit or delete the profile at any time.
2.2. The operator does not verify the accuracy of the data entered by the user.
2.4. The operator reserves the right to modify or revoke any functionality of the site at any time.
3. Applicable law and jurisdiction
3.1. SRL Culturious reserves the right to modify the Terms and Conditions at any time.
3.4. Before taking any steps to resolve a dispute in court, the Client agrees to attempt to resolve the dispute amicably by contacting SRL Culturious directly, if necessary through mediation, before resorting to arbitration, litigation, or any other method of dispute resolution.
Updated 10 Jan 2022
1. Who we are
1.1. The owner and operator of the culturius.com website is Culturious SRL (BE 0697 569 65) with offices at 165 Driesstraat, 1200 Brussels. Culturius is a website that facilitates the communication work of the operators while making cultural offers more accessible to the public.
1.2. Culturious processes personal data transmitted to it in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (known as GDPR or RGPD in its English version) of 27 April 2016, on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data. The regulation entered into force on 24 May 2016 and is applicable from 25 May 2018.
1.3. From the very beginning of our project, we want to manage the personal data of our users in a secure and reasonable way, justified by the needs of using our Culturius website. As the project was built, we put in place procedures to protect personal data and our databases. We improve these procedures on a regular basis.
2. General notice
2.2. The User acknowledges that he/she has read the information below and authorises Culturius to process, in accordance with what is specified below, the personal data that he/she communicates on the website in the context of the operation and services offered by Culturius.
2.5. The provision of personal data is sometimes necessary in order to access certain parts of the website (e.g. to register a profile). If the User does not provide Culturius with such data, access may be denied.
3. Person responsible for the processing
3.1. Access to Culturius is in principle possible without having to provide personal data.
3.2. However, in the context of certain services (registration of his profile, participation in competitions), the User may be required to transmit certain personal data. In this case, the person responsible for processing this data is:
La SRL Culturious
Rue Dries, 165
N° BCE : 0697 569 065
3.3. Any questions or requests concerning the processing of this data can be sent to the following address : firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Information collected
4.1. By browsing Culturius, filling in forms or newsletters on the website, through social networks linked to Culturius, the User allows Culturius to record and store, for the purposes mentioned in point 3.2, the following information:
- identification data, such as first and last name, nicknames if any, e-mail address
- communications between Users and Culturius
- additional information requested by Culturius from the User in order to identify the User or to prevent the User from violating any of the provisions of the Charter
4.2. Culturius in its Beta version does not collect information through cookies.
4.3. When the User accesses Culturius, the servers visited automatically record certain data, such as the type of domain with which the User connects to the Internet, the IP address assigned to the User (when connecting), the date and time of access to Culturius and other traffic data, location or other communication data, pages viewed, type of browser used, platform and/or operating system used, search engine and keywords used to find Culturius, etc. However, no personally identifiable information is collected through these records. This information is only kept for statistical purposes and to improve Culturius.
5. Purpose of the processing
5.1. Without prejudice to what has been stated in point 4 concerning automatically transmitted data, Culturius collects, stores and processes the personal data of its Users in particular for the following purposes:
- to establish, carry out and conduct the contractual relationship with the User
- to enable the User to participate in games/contests/quizzes and, in general, to provide the Service
- to incorporate the User's personal data into one or more automated files
- to analyse, adapt and improve the content of the Site
- to carry out internal statistical surveys and market research and to deploy various statistical systems and studies
- to enable the User to receive messages and manage his/her account from different devices (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.)
- to facilitate the provision and use of the Site and to improve the features developed by Culturius and the experience of Users
- to respond to requests for information
- for any marketing actions and promotions offered by Culturius to Users who have subscribed to the Newsletter
- to inform them about developments in Culturius and its features
- for any other purpose for which the User has expressly given his consent.
5.2. Culturius considers personal data to be confidential information. Culturius will not disclose it to third parties except as required by law, including competent authorities upon request.
6.1. Culturius has taken appropriate measures to ensure that the servers hosting the personal data processed prevent, as far as possible:
- unauthorised processing, access or modification of such data
- the improper use or disclosure of such data
- the unlawful destruction or accidental loss of such data.
6.2. In this respect, Culturius employees who have access to such data are under a strict obligation of confidentiality. Culturius shall not be liable for any misappropriation of such data by a third party despite the security measures adopted.
7. Retention period
7.1. Culturius will normally retain the personal data of its Users for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected (see point 5). Culturius may also continue to hold personal data relating to the unsubscribed User, including any correspondence or requests for assistance addressed to Culturius, in order to respond to any questions or complaints addressed to Culturius, and to comply with all applicable laws (including tax laws), including the retention of information relating to payments made.
The data provided when an account is created on Culturius is deleted when the account is cancelled.
8. Rights of the person concerned
8.1. The User may at any time request access to, rectification of or, where applicable, deletion of his/her personal data, with the exception of data which Culturius is legally obliged to retain, by sending a written request, together with a copy of his/her identity card or passport, to the controller:
- to the following postal address: SRL Culturious - Rue Dries 165, 1200 Brussels
- to the following email address: email@example.com
Culturius will then take all necessary steps to comply with this request as soon as possible.